The Heart of a Yuccie
雅創客是城市里年輕的創意人群。
Yuccies are “young urban creatives”.
這些人想發展和推銷他們自己的創意。
These are the people who want to develop and sell their own ideas.
他們堅信自己應該追隨自己的夢想,并靠夢想賺錢。
They believe that they deserve to follow and profit from their dreams.
這些人是Y世代中的一小部分。
These people are a slice of Generation Y.

他們不是時髦族——很顯然時髦族已經銷聲匿跡。
They’re not hipsters—apparently the“hipster” is dead.
他們太愛享受也太玩世不恭,沒有經歷足夠的挫折或缺乏堅定的信念。
They have too much luxury and 1)cynicism, and not enough difficulties or 2)conviction.

城市都想吸引雅創客,因為他們創業,促進經濟發展。
Cities want to attract yuccies because they launch businesses and help the economy.
時髦族也好,雅創客也罷——許多人就討厭被貼上標簽。
It doesn’t matter if it’s“hipster” or “yuccie”—tons of people just hate labels.
你怎么能知道自己是不是一名雅創客呢?
How can you tell if you’re a yuccie?
你是二十多或是三十出頭嗎?
Are you in your twenties or early thirties?
你的衣服和裝備是緊跟潮流的嗎?
Do you follow trends with your clothes and 3)gadgets?
你有一些額外的錢云游四方嗎?
Do you have a little bit of extra money kicking around?

你是在科技、藝術或媒體領域工作嗎?
Do you work in tech, the arts, or media?
你是住在城市里,特別是潮流或時尚都市嗎?
Are you living in a city, especially a trendy or modern one?

你大概已經接受過一定的教育,對嗎?
You’ve probably got a bit of education, right?
恭喜你:你可能就是一名雅創客!
Congratulations: You might be a yuccie!